These pearl oyster mushroom plugs are infused with mycelium and will produce many fruitings of delicious pearl oyster mushroom. Includes detailed instructions. Grow on hardwood logs or stumps in your yard.
These plug spawn are small wooden cylinders that are infused with pearl oyster mushroom mycelium. Drill evenly spaced holes 2 inches deep into your log or stump and tamp the plug in. Seal with wax. The mycelium spores will propagate through the wood yeilding fruitings of pearl oyster mushrooms for years to come.
Pearl oyster mushrooms are gourmet delacacies prized for their nutty flavor with a hint of oyster. They are popular in stir-frys, rice dishes and soups. They have a chewy texture and are very high in protein.
- Grow Pearl Oyster Mushrooms on Logs, Stumps & Trees
- Package includes 100 mushroom plug spawn & detailed instruction booklet
- Each plug is just under 2 inches long and 5/16 inch diameter
- First fruiting in 12 to 18 months - Will produce fruitings for several years
- Pearl Oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus)