A lightweight, dependable lever drag reel, with levelwind for line control.From an angling perspective, every individual who has owned and enjoyed using Shimano tackle has a reason to thank a Japanese visionary named Shozaburo Shimano, who in 1921 declared "I aim to make Shimano's products the best in Kansai, then the best in Japan, and finally the best in the world."For over 80 years, Shimano has concentrated on precision engineering, one step at a time. Creating the most innovative products and processes you can hold in your hand today.
- A lightweight, dependable lever-drag reel with level-wind for line control
- Outfitted with stainless steel gears and Anti-Rust Bearings making this reel incredibly durable and resistant to corrosion in saltwater ensuring many years of reliable service
- Designed for the demands of using downriggers and for all types of saltwater trolling and jigging techniques
- Constructed with an aluminum spool, reinforced graphite frame and graphite side plates, making these reels lightweight, solid, and tough
EVOTEC G4 Since their original development, our Evotec series of reels have enjoyed timeless popularity within the fly fishing world. The Evotec G4 is the fourth generation member of the family and still very much the workhorse among all fly reels. Internal-wise, a powerhouse in every sense of the word. With the strong and seamlessly smooth Power Matrix drag system, the Evotec G4 series is the reel to have attached to the rod when the fish of a lifetime hits that fly. Each model benefits from an ergonomically designed, non-friction winding handle and a unique counter-weight featuring a specific o-ring for attaching the tippet when not fishing. Available in a range of spool colours, the Evotec G4 series truly excels in any fishing environment for a multitude of species.
- - Housing and spool machined from one piece aircraft aluminium. - Waterproof and salt tolerant. - Components in stainless steel and anodised aluminium. - All screws secured with Loc-Tite. - Mechanized components from leading European manufacturers. - Power Matrix Drag System. - Easy-grip progressive brake knob. - Distinct click (not available on FW). - Precisely counterbalanced.