Hitachi 326263 EBM315 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion 1.5-Amp Hour Battery
The Hitachi EBM315 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion 1.5 Ah HXP Battery features the revolutionary Hitachi HXP Lithium-Ion technology. This advanced technology delivers a battery that is 50-percent lighter than an average NiCd battery, with a longer overall battery life and a longer run time than any other technology on the market. The HXP battery features a specialized internal circuitry system that is equipped with a current interruption and detection system, thermal protector, and an electronic switch to protect the battery against overcharge and discharge.
The EBM315 provides a steady level of power during the entire usage, ensuring the battery's full potential every time. This battery has a recharge life of approximately 1300 to 1500 times, as opposed to an average of 500 times for NiCd or NiMH batteries. It has a low power discharge while in storage so you can rest assured that your tools will always be ready when you are. Not only does the HXP battery deliver a longer life and extended power, it is also surprising lightweight. When you're using a tool powered by HXP technology, it feels like you're holding a 12-volt tool while experiencing the power of 18 volts. This reduces user fatigue and improves manageability without sacrificing power.
This battery is recharged with the Hitachi UC3SFL Battery Charger and is designed to power the Hitachi DB3DL Cordless Screwdriver and other compatible Hitachi tools. It is important to fully charge your battery before attempting to use it in your power tools. To charge your EBM315 battery properly, position the battery so that the nameplate faces towards the nameplate of the charger and press the battery into place until comes into full contact with the bottom of plate. Inserting the battery turns the charger on, and the pilot lamp should light up. If the pilot lamp does not light up, pull out the power cord from the base and check the battery mounting condition. Once your battery is fully charged, the pilot lamp goes off and you're battery is ready to use. In general, the UC3SFL should charge your battery in approximately 30 minutes. Although the variation is minor, ambient temperature above or below room temperature may effect recharging time.
Recharging New Batteries: What to Expect
The internal chemical substance of your new batteries is not activated, thus the electric discharge might be low when using them the first or second time. This is a temporary phenomenon and is not cause for alarm. The normal time required for recharging will be restored by recharging the battery 2-3 times.
How to Make Your Battery Perform Longer
The best way to maximize the life of your battery, is to follow two easy steps. First of all, remember to recharge your battery before it becomes completely exhausted. When you feel that the power of the tool becomes weaker, stop using the tool and recharge the battery. If you continue to use the tool and exhaust the electric current, the battery may be damaged and its life will become shorter. Secondly, you should always avoid recharging your batteries at high temperatures. A rechargeable battery will be hot immediately after use. If a battery is recharged while it's still hot, its internal chemical substance will deteriorate, and the battery life will be shortened.
About Hitachi Power Tools
Hitachi Power Tools carries an extensive line of professional grade tools and accessories for woodworking, metalworking, concrete drilling and cutting, as well as a complete line of pneumatic nailers, staplers, compressors and collated fasteners. During the 1980s Hitachi Power Tools built its reputation for quality on the success of its pneumatic framing nailer and sliding-compound miter saws. In 1995 Hitachi Power Tools was renamed Hitachi Koki USA to denote the addition of manufacturing to the United States
From headquarters in Atlanta, GA, and satellite offices in Chatsworth, CA, and Toronto, Ontario, Hitachi Koki USA supports nearly 2000 retail locations carrying Hitachi tools and over 1000 authorized service centers. The field sales force and service technicians constantly provide information to engineers to refine the product selection. Many tools in the line are designed and offered for use only in North America. With dozens of new models already in development, Hitachi Power Tools enters the 21st century with Hitachi Koki USA continuing to offer the highest level of professional power tools available.
- This battery is a 3.6-volt Lithium-Ion 1.5 Ah Battery
- 3 Times as many charge cycles as Nickel Cadium batteries
- 25-Percent more run time per charge that Nickel-Cadium batteries
- Charges in 30-minutes
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty
- 3.0-Amp/Hr and 40-Percent less weight than Ni-Cad or NiMH batteries
- 3 Times as many charge cycles as Ni-Cad batteries
- 25-Percent more run time per charge that Ni-Cad batteries
- Weighs less than pound
- Overcharge and over discharge protection to increase the life of the battery
- Hitachi DB3DL2 Power Cordless Screwdriver Kit, 3.6V 1.5Ah Lithium Ion Battery - 2, Dual Position, LED Light, Lifetime Tool Warranty
- Hitachi UC3SFL 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion EBM3-Series Battery Charger
- Hitachi 115293 T-Steel Impact Rated Driver Bit Set (45 Piece)
- Hitachi 728981 Fuel Rod Cans for Hitachi NT65GA, NT65GB and NT65GS Power Tools, 4-Cans
- Hitachi 115003 No.2 Phillips Magnetic Driver Bit, 2-Pack
- BOSTITCH 9B12062R Finishing Tool Fuel,Yellow, 4-Pack
- Presa 10111 1/4-in Keyless Drill Chuck, Black
- Shentec Hitachi 3.6V Battery Replace for Hitachi EBM315 326263, 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah Hitachi Battery
- Hitachi DB3DL2 3.6-Volt 1/4-Inch Hex Drive Screwdriver (Bare Tool - No Battery or Charger)
- IRWIN VISE-GRIP Diagonal Cutting Pliers, 6", 2078306